Whittier High School Saturday School
Saturday School begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 12:00 noon. Students are to report to the CAFETERIA, we encourage students to arrive at least 10 minutes early.
This is a great opprotunity for students to:
- Make-up truant days or accumulated period cuts
- Make-up missed assignments
- Obtain special tutoring
- Receive assistance for an up-coming test or project (ie..senior project)
- Clear any full day excused, unexcused or truant absence so that student may attend school dances and activities
- The student is responsible for coming prepared with books, schoolwork or something to read (no newspapers or magazines)
- IPods, IPads, Tablets or any other electronic device are not allowed. Whittier High School is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
- Cell phones must be on vibrate or turned off at all times(except during break). Cell phone may be confiscated if heard or seen. First offense: parent is required to pick-up phone. Second offese: phone will be kept until the following school day (Monday) and given to the Dean of students.
- Student must attend for the entire 4 hour period in order to receive credit.
NOTE: FAILURE TO APPEAR MAY RESULT IN:
- Suspension for defiance
- Loss of off-campus lunch privilege
- Loss of athletic eligibility
- Loss of privileges to attend school sponsored extra-curricular activities such as dances
** NOTE: STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CAFETERIA SO HAVE YOUR STUDENT BRING SNACKS OR THEY CAN PURCHASE THEM FROM THE VENDING MACHINE