WHAT IS A.R.T.?
- A.R.T. (Aggression Replacement Training) is a research-based approach for working with challenging youth, focused on training adolescents to cope with their aggressive and violent behaviors.
WHO IS A.R.T. FOR?
- Whittier High School teens that could use help in improving social skills and moral reasoning, better manage anger, and reduce aggressive behavior.
WHY IS A.R.T. BENEFICIAL TO TEENS?
- Whittier High teens will learn:
- Useful skills that are positive alternatives to a destructive or aggressive response.
- Techniques to reduce and manage feelings of anger in anger-provoking situations.
- How to better understand viewpoints, other than their own, and develop more mature reasoning abilities.
WHEN IS A.R.T.?
- Three days a week for one hour each group session.
- Groups will begin in February.
WHERE WILL THE A.R.T. GROUPS BE HELD?
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Free for any/all students with Medi-Cal.