Financial Aid 2024

Financial Aid is available to qualifying students attending a four-year college, a community college, an occupational program, or a vocational program.
ALL seniors need to apply.
FINANCIAL AID FAFSA Preview Presentation

Replacing the PIN Number, parents and students will now log onto the FAFSA with a new FSA ID which is more secure and requires the use of a username and password as opposed to the use of only a pin number.
(Grants based on Family Income and GPA Submitted by WHS)
The Cal Grant is a monetary award given to students attending California Colleges who meet income and GPA qualifications. Please click on the above link for more information. WHS Students who file a FAFSA will automatically be considered for a Cal Grant.

Cal Grant A
  • Low to middle income students
  • 3.00 GPA minimum
  • Can only be used for tuition and fees
  • If awarded at a California Community College, will be held in reserve up to two years until student transfers to a 4-year school
Cal Grant B
  • For low income students
  • 2.0 GPA minimum
  • Program needs to be at least 1 year in length
  • Sophomore through Senior year the student will receive tuition and fees plus Access Award (living expenses) at tuition charging institution
Students: Make an account at to review which Cal Grant, if any, you qualify for.

(Required by some Independent Colleges)

Who completes the FAFSA?

Those who complete the FAFSA must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible noncitizen. A FAFSA student MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR BOTH federal student aid and a Cal Grant.

An individual is an eligible non-citizen generally if you are one of the following:

  • U.S. permanent resident, with a Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as an Alien Registration Receipt Card or “Green Card”)
  • Conditional permanent resident (I-551C)
  • Other eligible noncitizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any one of the following designations: “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” “Indefinite Parole,” “Humanitarian Parole,” or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant”
  • A citizen of the Republic of Palau (PW), the Republic of the Marshall Islands (MH), or the Federated States of Micronesia (FM).

You can receive federal student aid if you are an eligible noncitizen. You must enter your eight or nine digit Alien Registration Number (ARN) on the FAFSA.

  1. Create an FSA ID Website:
  2. Complete the FAFSA Website:


Who completes the California Dream Act?

Those who complete the California Dream Act are allowed to do so through AB 540.  AB 540 allows non-resident students who meet certain qualifications to pay in-state tuition. These students may include undocumented students, students who are US citizens but who are not CA residents and dependent students whose parents are not CA residents. A California Dreamer Act student MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR a Cal Grant but IS NOT ELIGIBLE for federal student aid.

AB 540 students are those who:

  • Have attended a CA high school for a minimum of three years; or
  • Attainment of credits in California from a California high school equivalent of at least three or more years of full-time high school coursework and a total of three or more years of attendance in California Elementary schools, California secondary schools, or a combination of those schools.
  • Graduated will graduate from a California high school or attainment of General Education Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), and
  • Will register or enroll in an accredited and qualifying California college or university, and
  • If applicable, complete an affidavit to legalize immigration status as soon as eligible, and
  • Do not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (F, J, H, L, A, B, C, D, E, etc.)**

**If you have Temporary Protected Status or hold a U Visa you may be eligible for the California Dream Act.

California Dream Act Website: